The two wild-card matchups are done. Now all the postseason teams will be taking the field.
The Red Sox defeated their rival Yankees in the AL wild-card game to set up a match against the Rays, who finished the 2021 regular season as the top team after winning the 2020 AL pennant. The Dodgers prevailed in a low-scoring affair against the Cardinals in the NL wild-card game with a walk-off homer to move on to the NLDS to face the NL West champion Giants.
The remaining division series matchups each bring plenty of intrigue. The Braves, once based in Milwaukee, will return to Wisconsin to take on the Brewers in a battle of the East and Central division champions. On the American League side, the Astros and White Sox will meet in the playoffs for the first time since the 2005 World Series, when the Astros were in the National League.
Sporting News has you covered with all the information you need to watch the American League and National League Division Series matchups:
MORE: Full 2021 MLB playoff schedule | MLB playoff power rankings
MLB playoff bracket 2021
- Giants (1) vs. Dodgers (4)
- Brewers (2) vs. Braves (3)
- Rays (1) vs. Red Sox (4)
- Astros (2) vs. White Sox (3)
How to watch MLB playoff games
- TV channel: TBS, FS1, MLB Network
- Stream: Fox Sports app | TBS app | MLB.TV | fuboTV
TBS will be the network for all the National League playoff games, while FS1 and MLB Network will split broadcasting duties for the American League.
Viewers can find the American League Division Series on the Fox Sports app, MLB.TV or fuboTV . Viewers can stream the National League Division Series on the TBS app.
WILD-CARD RESULTS: National League | American League
MLB playoff schedule, results
National League Division Series results
The winners of the two division series will head to the National League Championship Series, with the higher seed to start at home.
Giants (1) vs. Dodgers (4)
- Game 1: Giants 4, Dodgers 0 (Giants lead series 1-0)
- Game 2: Dodgers 9, Giants 2 (Series tied 1-1)
- Game 3: Giants 1, Dodgers 0 (Giants lead series 2-1)
- Game 4: Dodgers 7, Giants 2 (Series tied 2-2)
- Game 5: Dodgers at Giants (Dodgers win series 3-2)
Brewers (2) vs. Braves (3)
- Game 1: Brewers 2, Braves 1 (Brewers lead series 1-0)
- Game 2: Braves 3, Brewers 0 (Series tied 1-1)
- Game 3: Braves 3, Brewers 0 (Braves lead series 2-1)
- Game 4: Braves 5, Brewers 4 (Braves win series 3-1)
National League Division Series 2021 schedule
All times are Eastern and are subject to change given results of other series.
|Date||Game||Start time||TV channel||Result|
|Fri., Oct. 8||Dodgers at Giants, Game 1||9:37 p.m.||TBS||4-0, SF|
|Fri., Oct. 8||Braves at Brewers, Game 1||4:37 p.m.||TBS||2-1, MIL|
|Sat., Oct. 9||Dodgers at Giants, Game 2||9:07 p.m.||TBS||9-2, LAD|
|Sat., Oct. 9||Braves at Brewers, Game 2||5:07 p.m.||TBS||3-0, ATL|
|Mon., Oct. 11||Giants at Dodgers, Game 3||9:37 p.m.||TBS||1-0, SF|
|Mon., Oct. 11||Brewers at Braves, Game 3||1:07 p.m.||TBS||3-0, ATL|
|Tue., Oct. 12||Giants at Dodgers, Game 4||9:07 p.m.||TBS||7-2, LAD|
|Tue., Oct. 12||Brewers at Braves, Game 4||5:15 p.m.||TBS||5-4, ATL|
|Thu., Oct. 14||Dodgers at Giants, Game 5*||9:07 p.m.||TBS||2-1, LAD|
MORE: Postseason predictions: TSN experts make picks for pennant, World Series
American League Division Series results
The winners of the two series will head to the American League Championship Series, with the higher seed to start at home.
Rays (1) vs. Red Sox (4)
- Game 1: Rays 5, Red Sox 0 (Rays lead series 1-0)
- Game 2: Red Sox 14, Rays 6 (Series tied 1-1)
- Game 3: Red Sox 6, Rays 4, 13 innings (Red Sox lead series 2-1)
- Game 4: Red Sox 6, Rays 5 (Red Sox win series 3-1)
Astros (2) vs. White Sox (3)
- Game 1: Astros 6, White Sox 1 (Astros lead series 1-0)
- Game 2: Astros 9, White Sox 4 (Astros lead series 2-0)
- Game 3: White Sox 12, Astros 6 (Astros lead series 2-1)
- Game 4: Astros 10, White Sox 1 (Astros win series 3-1)
American League Division Series 2021 schedule
All times are Eastern and are subject to change given the results of other series.
|Date||Game||Start time||TV channel||Result|
|Thu., Oct. 7||Red Sox at Rays, Game 1||8:07 p.m.||FS1||5-0, TB|
|Thu., Oct. 7||White Sox at Astros, Game 1||4:07 p.m.||FS1||6-1, HOU|
|Fri., Oct. 8||Red Sox at Rays, Game 2||7:02 p.m.||FS1||14-6, BOS|
|Fri., Oct. 8||White Sox at Astros, Game 2||2:07 p.m.||MLB Network||9-4, HOU|
|Sun., Oct. 10||Rays at Red Sox, Game 3||4:07 p.m.||MLB Network||6-4 (13), BOS|
|Sun., Oct. 10||Astros at White Sox, Game 3||8:07 p.m.||FS1||12-6, CHI|
|Mon., Oct. 11||Rays at Red Sox, Game 4||7:07 p.m.||FS1||6-5, BOS|
|Tue., Oct. 12||Astros at White Sox, Game 4||2:07 p.m.||FS1||10-1, HOU|
* If necessary.